Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Second try at drop-stitch scarf


Here's a photo of my second attempt at this scarf. I frogged the first attempt, realizing that I had made it wider than I would like. I had not accounted for the fact that it is going to be wider when I block it. This time, I cast on the 26 stitches that the pattern actually suggested........I think my other try consisted of 56 or 66 stitches.
I wish that the blue was actually as bright as what you saw in yesterday's photos, but actually the real coloration looks exactly like what it's called........bluejeans.........and should be much more user friendly with my everyday clothing.

By the way, the puzzle is one of Rebecca Barker's quilt paintings, and I finished it a couple of days ago. The quilt part was a breeze, but the top desert scene just about finished me off ! It's so beautiful though, and I would love to have a quilt just like the one in the puzzle. I can't bear to break the puzzle up now.........I framed the last one I did, after cutting it down to size, but I don't have another huge frame............wait.......maybe I do on one of those pictures I put for sale in my garage ! I'll have to do some digging and see what I can come up with.

3 comments:

  1. The scarf is coming out nice.

    My DH and DD love jig-saw puzzle...they can spend time in fixing it up and at the end of the day, mess it up, put the pieces back into the box......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is very pretty...once you block it might open it up more...and so it will look like the first did before blocking? maybe? lol...The puzzle is very pretty!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the puzzle & think I may have to make a scarf like that-so pretty. Thanks for the link in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !