Friday, May 8, 2009

First quilt back in Tennessee




Okay, I have officially started quilting again............now, while I was staying at John and Deb's, I appliqued a small wall hanging, but didn't have fabric to make borders for it,.......but this is my first quilting project in my own sewing room.

I am expecting 2 new great nieces, and just welcomed one into the world on April 9th, so there are 3 baby girl quilts needed......then there's the 16 month old great niece, and the 8 yr old great niece, and the 5 great nephews.........and that's just the ones I've met !

But most of my fabrics are with my quilts.....I sent them to my brother Jim's for safekeeping and that's in Murfreesboro. Honestly, if I had the quilts, I don't know where I'd put them, the rooms in this 3 bedroom trailer are so small. But I want the fabric ! It would go in the chest of drawers that are already in my little sewing room !

But, back to the subject at hand.........I had this bundle of Mary Englebreit fabrics, can't imagine where I came up with them!!!!!!......and I WOULDN'T CUT THEM because they were so gorgeous. Well, doing without a good fabric source will drive you to desperation, and let me tell you, this little town is NO FABRIC SOURCE. Or batting either for that matter. I went to the one fabric store today and asked for batting........it's in the back of the store, in bags.......no label......cut off of a roll of generic polyester batting, to general sizes-----72 x 90, 81 x 96, etc. You can't even be sure it's bonded ! Heavens !

I digress........all that aside, I've pieced the middle and am planning a mitered border from the border print that you see lying placed around it. Here's a shot of the sewing room, too..........small, but sufficient.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dotty,

    Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day, enjoys !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!!

    Love the sewing room and you are going to be busy busy making all of them quilts...maybe you could make them socks till you get your fabric LOL... : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !