Monday, October 5, 2009

Next stage of "Riotous HodgePodge"


I pieced the blocks together into a top today.......it didn't take but a few minutes.........and when I laid this part out, the hubby's reaction was just what I expected. He said , "I like it, but the trouble
is, you don't make them big enough."
As I stated on my flickr page, I figure people buy comforters to COVER their beds these days, or blankets, but a quilt is chosen because it does something to you on the INSIDE ! It's colors or design speak to you, and it doesn't matter if it's just big enough to fold and place on the corner of your bed for a spark of color. When I get the borders made, this one will actually be big enough to sleep under. It'll cover the top of a full-size bed mattress. That's my favorite size, you know, because I hate tucked in covers that smoosh your toes down during the night. I always like to go to sleep under a single me-sized quilt, long enough to cover my feet well, but not tucked in..........and then when/if I get cold during the night, I pull up the sheet and comforter.
Quilts are personal, and they don't know nuthin' 'bout no RULES ! So make'em like you like'em, girls and guys !

4 comments:

  1. O..another beautiful Quilts.

    Love that sunflower pic in the blog.

    Says Hi to Mike please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh so pretty and I agree...I'm very picky about my feet at night that it drives JD crazy...but if I feel confined then it makes me anxious or something...I gotta be able to move them and stick them out of the blanket if I have to lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt looks so pretty! i came your way from Dee's Doodles...i love your reminder. i just have to make the quilt how i love it because i love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Dotty. Thanks for coming to visit me. Thought I'd pop over and see what you are up to - WOW these are something. Both this glorious colorful quilt and the quilt in your most recent post (looks a bit like flying geese) I'm not nearly that skilled yet - but I'm working on it. These really are lovely.
    Cute little blog you've got here. I'll be back to visit. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !