UPDATE: 'Tis the end of a very long day, filled with cutting, laying out, piecing, AND ironing. I'm beat, can hardly hold my back up straight to sit here at the computer, but I'm also happy with today's work. Hubby said that he didn't like it when I had it laid out on the sewing room floor, unpieced. But he says that it looks good now that it's pieced. I think he was just suffering from quilter's widower syndrome.....tired of being ignored ! Anyway, if you missed today's activities, you can read the earlier post down below.
____________________________________
I'm so spoiled on reading other people's happenings that I hate it when I miss a day of updating mine.......I feel a responsibility to my readers, few as they may be !
So, looky here..........I'm trying another baby quilt, inspired by this wonderful zigzag quilt that I ran across a link to on someone's blog the other day. Forgive me for not remembering where, as I have visited so many during Quilt Festival, but I think it was a blog that I follow. (Edit: I just saw that it is Erin's old blog......she now has this one http://erinjoyquilts.blogspot.com/ ) I love the fact that it's made from strips rather than triangles !
To that end, I found a rectangular tin full of strips leftover from this quilt,
and decided to see if I could use them for the zigs and zags !
Had to stop for a little pot pie and homemade chili......sounds like an awful combination, huh? Well, I had the pot pie, chicken and broccoli, and then when I was still hungry, I perused the fridge for leftovers ! It's cold today and I'm working and burning calories, so I'm gonna fuel up !
Okay, I've been back to work, and I think I'm ready to start assembling.........hubby decided to turn the heat up, and I had it laid out over the furnace vent ! Oops !......MEN !
Hello world!
-
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then
start writing!
4 months ago

I just atned to say thanks for the comment on my little blankets. They are so small because they are given to NICU's for little little babies.
ReplyDeletehey girlie
ReplyDeletei am finally finished with my garage sale wow what a deal no more fall garage sales these people were CRAZY some of them.
anyway i have been dying to do a zig zag quilt but did not want to do the way i have seen in the books
love your quilt
take care jodie
oh, how lovely...even when it's blown by the wind! bless you, dear heart!
ReplyDelete