If you recall, I started out by adding borders to just the top and bottom, but I just wasn't satisfied with the bordering I had done on the little mosaic quilt, so I removed the two borders, and replaced them with 4 in this milk chocolate brown solid.
This photo doesn't do it justice here; it actually looked really nice, but too dark.
Then after thinking that was really nice, but kindof boxed the center in more than I really had wanted, I found a lighter warm shade of tan in my stash. However, I definitely was NOT going to remove borders again !
So, I set about making myself a back, incorporating those nice, rejected borders into a stripe on the backing. Well, I was so pleased with the finished results, (you really can't get a good look at it with the duvet stripe showing through the quilt backing) that I refused to settle for a border that wasn't making me sing. So, yes, I removed those 4 chocolate borders, and replaced them with the warm tan. It's a simple border, but it had to be the right tone for me to be happy with the finished result. Now, I like it, especially how it goes with the backing.
Do you ever place your top on your backing and flip one corner over to see how you'll like it when it's a quilt? I like to do that, and with this one, I'm very pleased.
Now to find time to baste it and quilt it. Time I had today, but not energy. Still recovering from this flu, and a coughing jag with lunch left me wasted and napping. I thought I'd never get my breathing straightened out !
Tomorrow will be busy with the cornbread and pie baking, boiling of eggs, and house cleaning ! Let's hope there are more than just the two of us here when it comes time to eat on Thursday. But first, a family dinner at John and Deb's tomorrow night. If they have ham, I'm going to forego the turkey, I think, just so I'm really ready for it at my house on Thursday ! Can't wait for the eggnog and boiled custard !

this is looking amazing. i love the borders you have done.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! : )
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Nice job with sticking to what makes you smile for the end product of the quilt. I like the borders that you settled on 2nd best. (The first 2 sides are my total favorite!) But now the borders will lend themselves well to some pretty quilting!
ReplyDeleteHappy cooking and cleaning and family/food time.
I am thankful for wonderful friends like you!
AND Happy B-day!