I'm cancelling the internet and replacing it with cable t.v. for a while, so that Mike will have some entertainment for a change. I've had months on the computer since his stroke, and he doesn't fool with it anymore, choosing to watch the few channels we have through our antennae, so it's his turn !
I hope to return soon, if economics change around here, and I'll keep my friends in my heart and in my prayers........please do the same for Mike and me.
I hope to return soon, if economics change around here, and I'll keep my friends in my heart and in my prayers........please do the same for Mike and me.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with these two shots of my latest sock endeavor....Hederas.....wish me luck, as I tried to make the heel shorter than the instructions called for, but since it is so tightly knitted through the heel flap, it makes the heel very narrow, and may have needed the extra gusset stitches that a long flap would have provided. I hand-dyed this yarn with 5 or 6 packets of lemonade. It's a skein of KnitPicks Bare in 70%merino wool/30% silk, and it's not as soft as you would think that that would make it ! I'm using the two different sizes of US 1's that Knitpicks sells in it's 32 inch fixed circulars, and I'm knitting using the Magic Loop method.

i love this colour.
ReplyDeleteHurry back!! I can't wait to see the finished Hederas and the other things you will start/finish!! : )
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Such a pretty pattern!
ReplyDeleteHope things go well for you guys. We'll be thinking about you. Take care. :)
Dotty,
ReplyDeleteYou will be missed. Just think of all the time you'll have to knit and quilt. Can't wait to see all your FO when you come back.
Take care of yourself.
Carla
dotty-
ReplyDeletei'll miss you (i know i don't post as much as i used to) Maybe you could check in through your blog a few times a month through your local library? That would be great (Plus then i won't worry!) :)
Lots of love-
Jeanie
when you have time...
ReplyDeleteyou've been memed! :op go check my blog to get the explination!
xoxo,
Julie
Dotty check my blog...you've been memed : ) You can thank Dustina and Julie.
ReplyDeleteSure miss you!!