Saturday, July 26, 2008

Popping in !

Hooray ! I can post again ! I had to re-sign up for a Google account, for some reason, but, hey, I'm not gonna argue..........just wish I had thought of it sooner !

Just to catch up with you guys, everything is going well at my house. My 8 weeks of volunteer work came to a close yesterday, and let me tell you, I'm going to miss it. It was fun, and I felt useful, and made some great friends among the other workers. We fed 250 or more kids lunch every day in the various parks around town (I worked in the kitchen, making the drinks and helping pack the lunches). It concluded with Vacation Bible school and a hamburger cookout in the park nearest me.

Mike is doing well........bored from inactivity, but feeling okay. He had all of his teeth removed in one day, on June 27th, and came out of that great. Now, I've begun to have mine removed. They took out 3 on July 22nd, and I'll have the rest removed (14 more) in 2 more visits. Then, we'll wait about 4 months and get dentures together. My extractions were pain-free and I only have a little tenderness where the shots were given. I hope the dentures fit well early on..........I've never had pretty teeth, and I so hope to ! Mike too ! He's going to be so handsome, and I'm sure our health will improve, too !

I'm still knitting socks. I finished my yellow Hederas that you've seen the beginning of, and a pair of Socks of Kindness. Now I've just finished the first of a pair of Kaibashiras, and after not liking the beginning looks of them, I just love the finished sock ! So pretty ! Surprising, too ! I made them shorter than the pattern called for, only doing 4 repeats of the twelve round pattern for the cuff, and they're really sharp ! Sorry I can't post photos, but you can see the pattern here..........http://www.knotionsmag.com/patterns/kaibashira_socks.aspx

Kelley, Tim, and the grandbabies, Zoe and T.J. are doing great...........Zoe has started a 2 day per week preschool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and T.J. talks to me in short bursts on the phone now ! Gosh, I miss those babies. Heck, I even miss Tim and Kelley !

Well, I'll try to post again soon, now that I know how to do it ! Stay well and I'll be thinking of you all !

Love................dotty...

3 comments:

  1. dotty,
    It's great to see a blog post from you! I'm so glad everyone is doing well and know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!

    *hugs*
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to read your post again, am glad that everything is doing fine for you and Mike.

    Cheers. Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotty

    Its always great to see a post from you...glad you found a way to blog. Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy.

    Take care,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !