Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's my quilt, and I can do what I want !


There's just something so freeing about saying those words.........IT'S MY QUILT !

I've had the idea, from the beginning of this quilt, of quilting circles randomly across the top. I'll probably take a swirly line and fill in the open blanks where there are no circles. But, niggling at the back of my mind was the idea of quilting comforting words into some of the spaces, too. Words that give you comfort, which is the whole idea of a homemade quilt, right?

So, today, after finishing several big groups of circles, I started quilting a few words. I've completed the words "Sleep" (since I've recently found out how crucial that blessing is !), and the word "friends" (my support system provided by my dear Lord !). Next comes the word "blessings", and farther along, hopefully, will be the words "joy", "comfort", "faith", and, maybe "grace".

Here's a further picture, with the word "blessings". And a bitmap of the design when I made it up with EQ5.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so envious!
    It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie, and the words in quilting are a super idea. You'll have fun falling asleep under that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and I love the words!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...how do u do that ?? It lovely!

    What sewing/quilting sewing machine are u using ? Must it be a special for quilitng purposes ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no, no.....Jackie !
    Every stitch that you see is put in by hand..... like in this video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAiBobVNpVY&feature=related

    only, faster than that !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours Dotty. So glad I found your blog as well as your Flickr Site.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !