Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Puzzle quilt.........bordered -- top is finished !


I ran over to our local Hancocks Fabric store on my trusty electric bicycle the other day, and I chose 4 fabrics to use as the border on this quilt........it was going to look SO COOL, a different primary print fabric for each border. But then I discovered that Hancocks had a coupon for 40% off of ONE fabric, so I chose the one that I liked best THAT DAY. Since then, I have wondered if I should have gone with the royal blue with doggy bones on it.

But, I don't know if this quilt is going to be for just Bubby, or if I will send it as a general 'kiddy' quilt, for both of them to use, especially when they're feeling 'puny'. I'm probably dreaming, and there's no such thing as sharing ONE QUILT among siblings, but since I only had one child, I can live in ignorance for awhile.

For now, I don't want to think about the postage for mailing 2 quilts all the way to Germany, although I do already have the doggy nine-patch quilt top that I could quilt up for Zoe, once a nice pink or purple border is added.

Anyway, I also purchased a queen-sized polyester low-loft batting big enough to do two small quilts like this (see, I'm not really so ignorant !), so I'll be waiting for a nice day that'll allow me to baste this quilt outside in the sunshine (usually means lots of wind around here, too, but now that I've changed the sewing room back to a bedroom, I have no choice but to wait for the outside basting.)

5 comments:

  1. ohh I like the green border!! That is very pretty...they might be able to share, if it's the get better hug quilt...like a quilt that they only pull out when they feel icky and need a hug...maybe lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very beautiful quilt ! nice colour combinations. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the green was an EXCELLENT choice! So cheerful!
    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dustina's thought...but I personally would want my own & I'm the oldest of 3. Better find some pink or purple...& you could always save them to use at your house for the next time they come to visit. I don't remember how much longer he's gonna be stationed in Germany but that's an idea or you could send 'em seperatly for their bdays?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !