Thursday, May 14, 2009

Donation quilt finished !

I know I have a dozen baby quilts to make, but I wanted to fiinish something for the Church. The last few days have been very productive.


When I first came back here, I found myself with hours and hours on my hands with nothing to keep those hands busy, so I called around and found a lady at the Church that was purchasing some inexpensive hand-pieced tops to have quilted for keeping on hand to give away. (Wow, was that the longest run-on sentence, or what ?)

Anyway, she let me pick one to quilt, and I chose this one. Unfortunately, none of them were really candidates for lengthy, time-consuming hand-quilting........I mean, that wasn't the point of this project anyway. So, I machine-quilted this one on my Singer stand-up, cabinet model sewing machine......
you know the one !
And, I hand-quilted around the center square of each nine-patch block. I even sewed the binding on entirely by machine, and am happy to be able to deliver it to her this coming Sunday, Lord willing.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! My grandmother sewed on one of those...she would always tell us don't touch it or it will get your fingers lol. I have one here that someone was going to trash I have no idea if it works but it reminds me of her : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !