Friday, May 29, 2009

A Lazy Friday




I've been thinking about the beautiful flowers from my old yard in Oklahoma........I did have an easy time growing things there ! I'm so glad that I took a few photos, as you tend to take these things for granted !

I planted Vinca (I call them Periwinkles) around my current mailbox here in Tennessee and they are about the same size as when I put them out in April.....the ones that lived, that is !


And I planted 3 tomato plants.........the only one doing really well is the one in a pot on the front porch. I've forgotten how to grow things in Tennessee soil. The one doing well is in potting soil !
It rained again last night.........it's rained nearly every day lately, but that beats the droughts that we went through so often in Oklahoma. Everything is lush here..........except for the flowers I plant ! Ha !

2 comments:

  1. Oh...it's nice to grow flowers and plants around. It's makes the days beautiful!

    Love Periwinkles, and pls send over some of your homegrown tomatoes, yummy to eat by itself or with salad.

    Love the pic of Seth drinking his bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I love flowers but just can't seem to get them to grow. I agree with Jackie on the picture of him drinking from the bottle...just too cute : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !