Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lots of Hugs and a Couple of Kisses

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it ! -- Psalm 118:24

What a perfect day........PRAISE THE LORD !
What a way to end this month, huh?

First thing this morning, I was greeted at my back stoop by one of God's masterpieces, (STUDY THE PHOTO CLOSELY TO SEE THE SPIDER WEB !), and the funny thing is that it isn't pointy like webs usually are........it's perfectly round, like my quilted circles I just finished ! Thank you, Sweet Jesus !

Then, I started out working on my little quilt's binding, sitting on the front deck; after lunch, I took the niece and great nephew, and my hubby, of course, out to my brother's riverside camp, where we indulged in some sun and fun. Rugrat shared a fishing pole with me as we pulled little sunfish out of the water......bless their little hearts, I hate that they received so much hook damage just so that we could entertain ourselves.

Dropped the kinfolk off and came home and grabbed a quick shower, always ready to get back to quilting. I finished the binding and snapped a few photos. Hubby gave me a thumbs up on the little polka dot beauty......a big commendation coming from him !





I'm pretty happy with it myself. I didn't think I still liked quilts made with polyester batting, but this one turned out better than I thought it would ! Maybe it's time to stop being a batting snob.

I call the quilt, "Lots of hugs and a couple of kisses", because I quilted it with circles, representing hugs, and threw in two quick x's in the two middle brown setting squares, for a couple of smacks !

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the pic, yeah, i seen it, the spiderweb. amazing!

    i love how u spend yur day with your loved ones and your hobby.

    wish i were there to share the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I can see the web, those things freak me out so I hate to say it...but I would have had to have JD come out and tear it down...

    I love the new blog background so cheery!

    Sounds like you guys had a wonderful day outdoors too. : )

    Love the quilt it's so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotty it is so nice to have you back online. I love seeing all the beautiful things you create!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !