It's too hot to quilt !
I'm a cheapskate and I run the air conditioning as little as possible, so until it gets so hot that the hubby insists on cool air, I'll just sit with some crochet in my lap. I'm probably wasting my time right now, but I'm learning a pattern, so it's all good. I'd love to make this long enough for a stole, but I don't think there's enough yarn here in this hank, and it's a lone one from my stash.
I think the pattern is from a book of baby blankies.......not sure since I just copied alot of the stitch patterns by themselves and stuck them into my pattern file. But can't you just imagine the fingers and toes getting caught up in this holey creation ? ! ? Not a good idea. But it would make a pretty dresser scarf or table topper......or if someone had the patience, a beautiful bedspread .......... for someone without small children in the house ! Or hubbies, for that matter.........or dogs......or cats ! You know what, forget the bedspread, I'd rather have the ones dismissed above !
I did draw a bit of a design onto the next baby quilt, and will probably work on it tomorrow morning on the front deck, before it gets too hot...............this morning I had to spend that time cleaning out the fridge !

ohh..this is beautiful !
ReplyDeleteHey dotty, i m like you, try not 2become an air-con-knit-potato..LOL
That is so pretty! I wish I could get crocheting down : )
ReplyDeleteI don't turn on the ac either and hold JD off for as long as I can on putting them in the windows too. I like having the windows open and a breeze blowing, even if that does mean us sweating like crazy lol : )