Friday, June 5, 2009

Reupholstered chairs


Well, I finished all four chairs, and I have the blister in the palm of my hand to prove it ! Driving screws into that wood is more difficult than you'd think (for a softy, pampered, handi-crafter, anyway) !
(Hey, I just noticed that the kitty napkin holder on the table matches my blog background.......no wonder I was drawn to it !)
Here's a look at the four chairs..........they match now ! Hooray !






Unfortunately, I don't have room enough in this little trailer kitchen to have them all placed around the opened up table, full time, but I think the landlords were very smart to put a gate-leg table in here, so that it can stay closed most of the time, especially when it's just the two of us. We usually eat while sitting on the couch in front of the t.v. anyway. Plus, my electric bike is parked in the kitchen, too, for lack of a better place for it right now.

I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll check to see if I have enough clear vinyl to make removable vinyl covers too.........the other chairs came up with stains so quickly.........how does that happen?

The idea of the covers reminds me of Raymond's mom's couch on "Everybody Loves Raymond". Ha, ha........that's me !

5 comments:

  1. Scotch guard works well and isn't quite a obvious as plastic :) But I understand the need to make sure you do no have to recover those chairs again any time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS ! I tried to spell check my comment and deleted it instead.......then it left part of it anyway !
    What I wanted to say was that Scotchguard won't work well in this case because the fabric has an open weave sortof, and food can go down into the padding. You can't just wipe them clean like lots of fabrics.
    Thanks for stopping by Wanda.......I had another busy but really good day......hope you did too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh i am back from reno
    what a horrible day flying but it was fun
    no i won no $$$
    lov ya
    jodie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !