Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.
Psalm 84:10-12
This morning started one of those days where everywhere I went, things just worked out right. You know what I mean? I needed to find a scrap of lumber at the lumber yard, so that I wouldn't have to buy a $13.00 sheet of plywood for that chair bottom.........they had a 3/8" thick piece that they usually don't even sell, it just comes as a protective covering over some more expensive material..........custom cut just for me -- $2.00 !
Then, rather than go straight to the fabric store,where I thought I could find a pretty piece of upholstery fabric on the $1.00 or $2.00 per yard tables, I thought I'd just stop in at a little junk/treasure type store on the way back into town. They had a sign saying, "June 4th, all clothes on tables -- 50cent each". Well, Zoe needs dresses for Church, so I found 4 pieces, and started to the front of the store. A piece of upholstery fabric caught my eye, and although it isn't 'pretty', it's really the type exactly that was originally on these chairs I bought, so I asked, "how much?" She said, "Awww.....$1.00" Yippee ! It was atleast 2 yards, plenty for the chair bottoms, and I would have to pay atleast $1.25, maybe even $2.50 at the fabric store, to get the minimum 1 1/4 yds I needed to be sure I had just enough. I decided to take a chance and then if the fabric store had something I liked better, I was only out $1.00, right? Great !
Went to the fabric store next, and guess what.........no upholstery fabric on the $1. table, and nothing pretty on the $2. table. Perfect, thank you LORD, we've already got it covered. But I also need to pick up a quarter-yard of solid red for the hem on Chris's pillowcase. Oh, dear, no solids here on either table, but what's this...........a red background fabric with racing emblems on it. Why that will be just perfect to go with the motorcycle fabric of the pillowcase ! And at $2. per yard, I'll only be out 50 cents plus tax. I tell the lady up front what I want, and in a moment she apologizes because she didn't see how the end tapered, so the cut is a little smaller (1/2 inch) than the quarter yard I ordered. I tell her that won't hurt a bit on a pillowcase hem, and she says, "well, I still won't charge you for a full quarter-yard. Your total is 49 cents !!! Thanks again, sweet Jesus !
I come home and get the chair bottoms taken apart, and the foam inserts washed and rinsed (see them hanging on my makeshift sewing room clothesline?......it's been raining again!) I start sewing, and the library calls while I'm making the pillowcase, and says that the book I've requested from a neighboring library is in. Fantastic !
I even wound up going and getting 2 free wooden chairs that a lady offered on the noontime radio trade show. They're a bit rickety, but work fine for the computer and sewing rooms! (You can see one at the sewing machine in the photo of the chair paddings drying.......isn't that a great freebie? )
I tell you, when the Bible says that the LORD wants to show you favor, you'd better believe it. A blameless heart is not of your doing, it's washed clean by the precious blood of our LORD Jesus Christ, and if you accept that and live for him, nothing is going to come between the two of you. Don't get me wrong, I still have challenges........big-time even, and I still have days of doubt (in my own strength to endure, not his) and I sometimes fight anxiety........you will, too..............but trusting in Jesus means that someone is going to remind you that you have a DADDY, your HEAVENLY FATHER, who stands between you and anything that can come against you, and he ain't been beat yet.........and it ain't gonna happen ! So, hang in there, and believe, because one day very soon, you're going to have a day like I had today, and it's going to hit you........wow, I AM walking in FAVOR ! Thank you, my sweet Heavenly Father !

Have fun and BTW, do u need helper ? I m available and would bring my knitting bag along.
ReplyDeleteOh, it is so great to hear those uplifting things from you. Though I am jobless now, I feel that the Lord is just blessing almost everything that I am doing right now. It is such a great feeling to know that you are in His favor!!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a blessing, Aunt Dolly!
I love you
You couldn't have found a better red piece for that pillowcase!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen! *hugs*
ReplyDelete