This is going to be keeping me busy for atleast a couple of days. This trailer came furnished with most everything I needed, furniture-wise, but the kitchen chairs, although pretty to look at, are a disaster waiting to happen........I mean, they are literally coming apart ! So I checked a junk/antique store today and found these four chairs for only $15.00.......he asked $20., but you know me ~!~ Anyway, I knew they would take quite a bit of time and work to get in shape, so I've started taking the seats off to replace the fabric. I think I'll probably have to replace the stuffing, too, and even the wood seat bottom itself on one of them, because someone has put their knee through it. (I recognize the damage, as I did that myself to a new Big Lots kitchen chair I had bought in a set.) The bottoms are made of pressed wood and I like to replace them with 1/4 inch plywood. Thing is, I'd like to replace them all at the same time, since I'm going to the trouble of recovering them, but money is tight (for everyone, right?) and hubby wants me to go with what I've got that works. MEN !
But, he's right in a way, because June's surprise is going to cost us a little bit of extra money !

Hi lady!!
ReplyDeleteWhy don't I ever see any orange and white quilts with little T's or vols on it??
Just giving you a hard time. love you bunches!!
O Boy ! That's amazing - how do u do it ? Great Job.
ReplyDelete