.......maybe. I DO like it ! Need to shop for some setting fabric, and I might need to make some purple blocks. I had planned to, but didn't have 6 or 7 fabrics that I like together that were as playful as the other fabrics I've used. Most of these brights are from a separate little tub of "kiddie prints" that I kept just for baby quilts. I had thought of this one as becoming another baby quilt, but this setting (which I've run across numerous times on Flickr and wish I could give credit for, but don't remember names ,) would really make the most of a small amount of block piecing. It could cover a twin-sized bed.......wouldn't that be great? By the way, it looks pieced and quilted, but isn't ............ I've laid it out on the backside of a finished quilt.
EDIT: I just rediscovered the quilt that inspired my layout and blocks. Though mine are just staight pieced, rather than round and round, I was inspired by "FROM THE HANDBASKET"'s quilt that she posted here. Oh, how I adore this quilt !
And let me just say that I am tickled plumb to death to find out that several of my friends and family members read my blog regularly ! I don't mind at all if you don't comment, but I do love that stopping by makes you feel closer to me, and maybe even inspires a project of your own once in awhile. ( I do want to see photos, though !) I miss our closeness ! ! ! ! ! ! SO MUCH ! ! !
But now, I feel you all around me when I post and I can share my days with all of you.

Hey there,
ReplyDeleteYour #1 die hard fan reporting...Lalalalalaa
thanks for sharing your blog with us.
this really looks great. i was fooled i thought that it was already finished by the picture. i am so loving the rainbow
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! I thought it was done too : )
ReplyDeleteI like the setting! Very fresh and modern. Great way to envision it on top of the other quilt!
ReplyDeleteAh, behind every good idea is a good woman. Unfortunately I can't take credit for the wonky squares, as I found my inspiration here http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepincushion/2324277119/in/set-72157604087439890/ . So much inspiration out there.....so little time!
ReplyDelete