Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Calling my girls !

It is so fun to get caught up with all of you this way..........I wish it could be more often, and YES, I wish I could upload photos from here at the library, but for now, I will be grateful for atleast having this connection !

About my daughter.........she's doing well now.........she had a little trouble caused by an antibiotic they gave her, but after taking it easy, she is now doing fine. She sent me copies of the 4-d ultrasound, and I got so excited. It does make me realize how much I am going to miss being around the baby while it's little, though. You know, we were quite spoiled with Zoe and Bubby (not realizing it at the time, I complained, of course, about having to 'mother' them, instead of 'grandmother' them.) You see, Kelley lived at our house when each of them was born. But this time is for her and her husband, to get to be plunged into the full works of being THE PARENTS of a newborn ! No help from either side, but all of the joy and fun to themselves and Bubby and Zoe, too.
Be careful what you complain about..........sometimes you don't know how good you have it.

I am quilting a top that I sold to a friend of mine a few years ago. It is all done in Fall colors, and has 4 different sunrise/sunsets on it (pieced like a big fan, in golden colors) , with a goose flying in front of each. The top and bottom of the quilt contain a row of Fall leaves, pieced in all the gorgeous reds, greens, golds, and browns that you would associate with this time of year. It is so much fun to be quilting on these colors at this time of year. I'm probably well over halfway done with the quilting, and my friend has seen my progress and is quite happy with it. It's good for me to have a commission like this to work on, but I also keep thinking of other things I'd like to work on, and just can't fit it in.

I enjoy studying my Bible daily now, trying to include Mike in an almost daily reading. I never knew that Bible study could be so .......... fun ! And joy-filling ! Does that make sense to any of you?

I am off of the medication that I was on for most of this year, and don't seem to have any problems of withdrawal or anything like that. I'm just happy ! I am so thankful that I had that help when I needed it, though. And you know what.........my friends, yes, you guys, were a big part of my recovery ! You are dear and sweet and I hope you all consider yourselves valuable human beings, because you mean the world to me.

So, now that I've preached to you all again.........why do I do that?............I am going to snoop around the 'net' for a few minutes, and then get home to the hubster and the QUILT.

Love to you all, again...........bye for now !

...dotty...

4 comments:

  1. *hugs* It's so good to read a blog post from you! I'm keeping them in my prayers, they will be wishing they were with you at 3am as well lol.

    I'm so glad you are feeling better and the quilt sounds so pretty!!

    I love reading about your Bible study as well, it's so important.

    You don't preach to us at all!! We love every post we get from you : )

    Take care of yourself and come back soon. Love, Prayers, and hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotty so glad things are going well! Being off the meds without any side effects is fantastic! So glad you're happy again, just like you. The bible gets more interesting the older I get, so I can understand why you think it's fun & enjoyable. Glad Mike's doing well too & the quilt sounds BEAUTIFUL! No surprise. I'll keep your DD & her family in my prayers. Glad you're back at church, that's so important.
    xoxo,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotty, friend, I'm SO glad to hear from you again!
    I didn't read any sermons, so you're off the hook as far as preaching goes! We share your love of the Bible!

    The quilt sounds beautiful! Are you on a deadline for it? Glad your daughter is doing well!

    I'm so glad you're doing well! You're such a good friend!

    Take care and give Mike a hug from us!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dotty, My Friend,

    It is always so nice to hear from you. So glad that you are your happy self again.

    Do you go to a bible study group? We are studying Revelations....kinda feel it is really important these days. I really need to open my bible more though.

    Can't wait to see all your finished projects!!

    Take Care,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !