Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ready to baste......


What do you think of it?

Wanda, you can probably notice that some of these fabrics are from one of the 'canned' kits you've gifted me. Aren't they perfect for this quilt?
I added the borders to baby-to-be-born Elyssa's quilt today. I decided not to do it totally traditional, so I strip-pieced the two border fabrics and then applied two short and two long. I like the look of it.........not quite so "framey".

I also finished the car seat blankie that I was knitting for Elyssa Paisley. It's the first knitting project I've finished since I've been back in Tennessee. I kept it small so that it's easy to use and remove.



3 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I did not recognize the fabric..but whatever it was you have done wonders with it as usual! I was thinking about you this weekend...WISH you were here and we would do a quilt weekend. I always looked forward to that! The knitted blanky is lovely too! You are very talented!
    Love ya, miss ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visiting with you last night :)
    And I took a closer look at the butterflies and this quilt. It really is gorgeous and is growing on me each time I view it!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the car seat blankie (and the lovely yarn) -- what a great idea. My husband's grandmother knitted a similar small blanket for my son when he was born and I just love those shell-type patterns. What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you........please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just to say 'hi' !